A Private Branch Exchange (PBX) system is just one type of private telephone network that companies can use for their communications. A PBX can come in many shapes and sizes, so it’s perfectly fine if you feel overwhelmed by all the information you find about it.
What is a PBX system?
A PBX phone system is a type of private business telephone network that can be used for internal and external phone communications. PBX systems allow voice calling plus additional features like call recording, interactive dialing menus, voicemail, call transfer, queuing, and more.
Depending on the type of PBX system, these connect users either through an analog phone line using plain old telephone service (POTS) or a digital phone line via the internet using Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology.
Features of PBX systems:
- Cost Savings: While older phone systems have fewer features, they tend to cost more both in maintenance and in monthly phone bills.
- Easier to Maintain: Dedicated wiring and hardware requires specialized service. Because a modern phone system uses an internet connection, they can use existing LAN infrastructure. System maintenance is mostly over a computer interface. Users can add a second phone line, for example, in minutes.
Connect Over the Internet: Besides easier maintenance, using an internet connection means businesses can access their phone system from anywhere. This makes it easier to bridge multiple offices.
- Mobility and Remote Work: Even if users are not in any office, they can still use a web browser or cell phone to manage their communications. On a web or mobile app, users can call a colleague’s extension, answer incoming calls or call external numbers. They can also see caller ID, transfer calls and set up call forwarding. In addition, some office phone systems integrate video and business texting.
- Easy Expansion: An IP phone system is also easier to expand. Adding a new extension can be as easy as setting up a user online, then plugging in a phone.
- Call Center Features: Systems no longer rely on manual switchboards. But online switchboard options, auto attendants, call forwarding rules and advanced queue strategies allow businesses to manage phone calls more efficiently. Modern systems allow supervisors to record calls, listen in to calls or take over for training and better customer service.
- Modern Business Communications: Simple phone calls are still common. But many professionals and customers now prefer alternatives. These include video calls, web conferencing, instant messaging and social media. Business telephone systems have expanded to include tools for all channels.
- Integration with Other Software: Business software is moving towards cloud computing. An IP PBX can integrate with CRMs, for example. This would allow businesses to sync contacts and manage information in a single location.
- Low Pricing: XonTel offers flat rate annual pricing. When compared to monthly plans that charge per user, this can save businesses up to 80% on monthly phone costs.
- Flexible Licensing: Pricing is also based on simultaneous calls. If a business has 50 users, most phone system providers charge for all 50 lines. Even if they use only 10 lines at a time.
- Complete communication system: XonTel offers video conferencing and live chat included in the cost. It also integrates with the most common CRMs, Facebook business messages and instant messaging.
- Flexibility: With XonTel, businesses choose their own SIP trunk and VoIP phones. Since XonTel is an open platform, it integrates with most common service providers and hardware. This means savings on hardware, toll-free numbers, long-distance calling and more.
- Mobility: XonTel offers full-featured apps for web browsers as well as iOS and Android devices.
- Easy Scalability: As a business grows, XonTel’s software scales easily. Flexible licensing likewise makes it easy to increase, or reduce, phone service.
XonTel IP PBX Products
XonTel offers many varieties of pbx system in Kuwait, and it is one of the biggest manufacture of pbx system in Kuwait, PBX Kuwait